Cooling System Fill Procedure for vehicles equipped with a Butler System
It is important before starting this or any other procedure, that you or anyone who operates, works with, maintains, services or repairs the Butler System and/or vehicle, be familiar with its operation and thoroughly read, understand and follow, in their entirety, all of the Warnings, Cautions, and Notices described in your Butler System and vehicle Owners’ Manuals.
Follow GM Service Manual procedures for filling the vehicles' cooling system.
When vehicle is equipped with a Butler System you need to:
- Open Butler System Air Bleed Valve (6135, 6035) - located on Heat Exchanger (3000) then follow the vehicle manufacturer's Service Manual coolant fill procedure.
- Begin filling the cooling system per the vehicle manufacturer's Service Manual procedure.
- Continue filling the cooling system until a stead stream of coolant flows from the Butler System air bleed valve (6135, 6035) - located on Heat Exchanger (3000).
- Close Butler System Air Bleed Valve (6135, 6035) - located on Heat Exchanger (3000).
- Finish filling the cooling system as outlined in the vehicle manufacturer's Service Manual recommended coolant fill procedure.
If you have any questions, please call our service Department at (800) 535-5025
Butler System Coolant Fill Procedure 20211209